Choose from a range of plans
Let family members add their own touches
Protect yourself and loved ones from £1,000’s in rising costs.
Join the 200,000 UK residents who are taking out funeral plans each year
What is a funeral plan?
A funeral plan is a way to pay and prepare for your funeral before you die. This allows you to input your own wishes into the service and convey to your loved ones what you would like to be included in your funeral service.
By pre-paying for a funeral you will also relieve your family of the financial burden that a funeral brings; especially at a time of grieving. Many families are left financially squeezed when their loved ones pass away, due to the high costs of funeral prices at potentially unexpected timings (very few prepare to pay for a funeral). This can leave family members in financial problems after the funeral.
The fact that funeral prices are also rising, means funerals are getting even harder to pay for, meaning that if you can lock in the prices today, you will be making a saving over time.
Pre-paid Funeral Plans – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main benefits of a funeral plan?
As well as the savings that can be made by taking out a funeral plan with one of our providers, there are also other positive considerations to take into account when taking out a pre-paid funeral plan.
• The funeral director’s fees and services are guaranteed. You won’t have to pay anything else towards your funeral if you don’t want to. Our partners do this by locking in the prices with the funeral directors when you take out a plan.
• Plans can be tailored to suit all tastes and preferences, with a wide range of options available including viewings of the deceased, a limousine procession, burial type and church service.
• Wide range of payment options is available. All our providers have a range of price options available and can accommodate to make your funeral happen as you wish.
• No restrictions on current health, age, or medical history. Unlike life insurance, you can take a funeral plan out with no screening taken place.
• All funeral plans can be tailored to suit your individual preferences, even once you have started your plan, you are able to make adjustments to your plan. Note: this might come at an additional cost.
How do I pay for my funeral plan?
You can either pay in a lump sum, or in monthly instalments – up to 2/3 years depending on the provider. The lowest plan starts from £25 pound a month.
The plan will guarantee to covers the cost of the funeral directors fees and £1200 is set aside to cover cremation/interment fees, doctors and minister/celebrant fees. The £1200 increases annually in line with the CPI. If you require a burial, you will have to purchase your own pit
Which funeral director will we have?
The providers work with thousands of professionally accredited funeral directors across the UK. When it comes to your funeral a local director will be carefully selected to attend to your needs. You can, of course, choose your own director, as long as they are not part of the Dignity Group.
How to apply
Fill in a few simple questions, through one of the buttons dotted around this page. Once you have answered the questions and filled in your details, we will pass you on to a professional funeral plan provider. Your advisor will then work with you to discuss your requirements, and book in an appointment to come to speak to you in person.
What part do we play?
We work with a number of funeral plan providers who in turn with a network of funeral directors all across the UK. By filling in a form on a website we will pass your interest on to the plan providers, who will provide us with a fee for introducing you.