Prepaid Funeral Plans Scotland
We work with a network of funeral plan providers
Don’t leave behind a big bill for your family
Protect your family from the rising cost of funerals
No medical required
Join the 200,000 UK residents who are taking out funeral plans each year
Fill in a super-simple form
Speak to a friendly advisor
Arrange for your plan to start
What is a funeral plan?
A funeral plan is a way to prepare for your funeral before you die, allowing you the opportunity to cover the costs and input your own wishes into the service.
By pre-paying for a funeral you have the opportunity to pay for a funeral over a number of months & years. Spreading the cost, so that there is little to no cost at the time of the funeral. The funeral plan agreement also locks in the price of the funeral at the price agreed with the provider, so prices are reflective of todays funeral prices.
By pre-paying for a funeral you will relieve your family of the financial costs that a funeral brings. Many families are left financially squeezed when their loved ones pass away, due to the high costs of funeral prices at (very few prepare to pay for a funeral). This can leave family members in financial problems after the funeral.
What are the benefits of taking out a funeral plan?
As well as the savings that can be made by taking out a funeral plan with one of our providers, there are also other positive considerations to take into account when taking out a pre-paid funeral plan.
• The funeral director’s fees and services are guaranteed. You won’t have to pay anything else towards your funeral if you don’t want to. Our partners do this by locking in the prices with the funeral directors when you take out a plan.
• Plans can be tailored to suit all tastes and preferences, with a wide range of options available including viewings of the deceased, a limousine procession, burial type and church service.
• Wide range of payment options is available. All our providers have a range of price options available and can accommodate to make your funeral happen as you wish.
• No restrictions on current health, age, or medical history. Unlike life insurance, you can take a funeral plan out with no screening taken place.
• All funeral plans can be tailored to suit your individual preferences, even once you have started your plan, you are able to make adjustments to your plan. Note: this might come at an additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How do I pay for my funeral plan?
The plan will guarantee to covers the cost of the funeral directors fees and £1200 is set aside to cover cremation/interment fees, doctors and minister/celebrant fees. The £1200 increases annually in line with the CPI. If you require a burial, you will have to purchase your own pit.
How do funeral plans work?
Funeral plans are designed to accommodate your choice for a funeral. By paying upfront for your funeral before the funeral, you secure the opportunity to have your say. You contribute the plan price in either monthly payments over a number of years or in a lump sum, to the plan provier. The money you contribute towards the funeral is held in a Trust by the funeral plan provider, who will only release the funds of the funeral when they are needed to pay the funeral directors at the time of your funeral.
How many funeral plans can I have?
There is no limit on the number of funeral plans you can have. If you wish to pay for a funeral plan for each one of your family, that is your choice.
How to apply
Fill in a few simple questions, through one of the buttons dotted around this page. Once you have answered the questions and filled in your details, we will pass you on to a professional funeral plan provider. Your advisor will then work with you to discuss your requirements, and book in an appointment to come to speak to you in person.